Living and practicing architecture in South Florida for over 30 years, Robert Nelson's experience encompasses a variety of diversified projects including custom, luxury residences, hotels, condominiums, shopping centers, banks & places of worship. Robert recently moved to Brevard County and is dedicated to improving communities through long-term, sustainable design solutions.
BACKGROUND & EDUCATION
- Graduate from the New York Institute of Technology, with a Bachelor in Science.
- Degree in Architecture from University of Miami.
- Apprentice for Morton Delson- Frank Lloyd Wright Fellowship Foundation in New York City.
-Studied under Andres Duany of DPZ Architects.
- Retired member of the board of Architectural review .
- Charter member of the Habitat of Humanity
- Former member of the Nehemiah Project for affordable housing.
- Volunteers teaching classes on construction at Local State Prisons.
Being the owner of a small firm, you will not only be meeting directly with Robert, but he will be with you in every step of the way. From Schematic design to design development to construction documents then through the bidding and permitting process. Providing 2D & 3D drawings as well as being skillful in hand drafting which you won't find in some of today's firms.
Keeping his knowledge current in the always changing National & Local Construction Codes has been essential to his practice. Also working with MEP, Civil and Structural engineers to produce a building that does not cost the client extra money due to errors and omissions. Reducing the factor of needed change orders that would be required.